Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Techniques Tuesday?

Well, I started this post yesterday and didn't get to finish it. So you're technique Tuesday is now Technique Wednesday this week.

Today's technique is dry debossing...not to confuse this with dry embossing. What's different about this is you do is just like you were going to dry emboss by laying your cardstock over the template and start tracing the open areas of your template with your stylus.

What you do next is ink up your background stamp. With the raised images facing down, stamp the background stamp over it. The ink won’t stay on your debossed image, leaving it the same color as the cardstock. At least that's what is suppose to happen. I did get a little ink on the debossed images. It's something different.

I hope that you will make plans to attend my World Card Making Day event, 10 cards for $10. I'll be teaming up with my friend and fellow demo, Sheri Scudder. You will stamp 2 cards of 5 different designs. The event is Saturday, October 4 at Sheri's house. Address and info is located on my SU! website. I hope to see you there!

Happy stamping!!

Stamp Set: Canvas Background, Seeing Spots
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Seeing Spots Brass Template, Wild Wasabi Striped Ribbon

No comments: