Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lovely As A Tree

One of the hardest type of cards to design are masculine cards. At least they are for me. Finding the right colors isn't too bad. It's when it comes to embellishments, I tend to question whether or not ribbon is good on a card or not. I need to start using buttons and brads. You can never go wrong with those type of embellishments.

To help me with more masculine designs, I joined a swap. Here is the card I came up with. I'm not too sure about the ribbon but it helps having the hemp in there.

I was going to do something with the trees but the technique I was going to do on it didn't come out too good. I didn't want to waste all the pieces I cut out for the swap. It's not the best but I think it came out pretty good.

I hope you enjoy today's card share, and I hope you come back tomorrow.

Happy stamping!!!

Stamp Sets: Lovely As A Tree, Happy Everything, Canvas
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Black
Accessories: Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread

No comments: