Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Technique Tuesday

Welcome to techniques Tuesday!

I hope this will be a weekly feature so make sure you come back to see more techniques.

This week we will look at the emerging color technique. We did this technique in my April class. I actually had never heard of this technique until I went to a techniques class myself. It's very cool! I even broke out my rhinestone brads for this card!!!

Here's how it works. Stamp smaller solid stamps in lighter colors all over cardstock. Ink main image with Versamark and stamp over smaller images. Pour clear embossing powder over Versamarked image and tap off excess powder. Use heat tool to melt the embossing powder. Ink your brayer with a darker ink and apply ink to entire cardstock piece. Take a paper towel and wipe ink off of embossed.

If you decide to try it, email me (krfrank03@yahoo.com) your creation. I would love to see what you come up with.

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

No comments: