Thursday, November 15, 2007

Techniques Class

The work day is almost over and the weekend is almost here! Here are the cards and techniques we did last week.

Technique #1 - Spotlight

Stamp Set: In Full Bloom
Paper: So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: Black, Ruby Red, So Saffon and Black markers
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Aqua Painters

On this card, I had first colored in the flower of the spotlight but I thought it looked too bold. So I had the ladies use the aqua painter to watercolor in the color.

Technique #2 - Heat Embossing

Stamp Set: All About U
Paper: Black, Pale Plum
Ink: Pale Plum, Versamark
Accessories: Tag Corner Punch, Black Embossing Powder

Some of the ladies got creative with the embossing on this. Instead of just doing the word "thank," they also did a flower. They are a creative bunch of ladies!

Technique #3 - Shaker Card

Stamp Set: A Tree for All Seasons, Wonderful Words
Paper: Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Black, Earth Elements markers
Accessories: 1 3/8" Square Punch, beads, small buttons, acetate

This was another fun card. I heard some of the ladies already discussing other things they could do to make these.

The ladies love this class, and I love showing them new things. Check back to find out what's going to happen next month.

This Saturday is my Christmas SAS so I will be getting ready for that plus I got a hair-brain idea to do a little brag book for my sister-in-law's baby shower. The bad part about this is that the shower is Saturday. What was I thinking?!?!?

Have a great day!

No comments: