Friday, December 21, 2007

Techniques Class

Alright...it's been a week since my techniques class. We didn't have a big group but I believe the few that did come had a good time. Here's what we did.

Technique #1 - Split Negative

I got this idea from a fellow demonstrator...not sure who it was who did this. This one was pretty hard to keep straight. The hard part about this technique is making sure you stamp both images in the same spot. I guess you could use a stampamajig. This didn't come to me until just now. DUH!!! This would make it line up so much easier. Oh well...live and learn!

Stamp Set: Fabulous Friends
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Sky Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Versamark, Chocolate Chip Craft
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Ticket Corner Punch, Sky Blue Double Stitched Ribbon

Technique #2 - Reflection

This was a fun one! This really gets the oohhs and aahhs going. I just purchased this set and was so glad to see that it didn't retire!

Stamp Set: Lovely As a Tree
Paper: Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Black, Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Sponges, Acetate

Technique #3 - Thumping

This is a technique that I don't see alot of so it was hard to find samples of this. I did find a layout I loved (I love the colors of this one) and changed it up a little to make it work for the thumping.

Stamp Set: Looks Like Spring
Paper: Mellow Moss, Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Blush Blossom Classic, Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip markers
Accessories: Crafters Tool Kit, Silver Brads, Moss Gingham Ribbon

As always, thanks so much for looking. I may not post again until after Christmas! Have a great weekend!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

No comments: