Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Techniques

We had a great time Friday night at the techniques class. Though we were low in numbers we had a good time. On to the techniques...

Technique #1 - Bleached Stamped Images

If you like bleach stamping then you might like this technique. What I did with this is heat embossed with clear embossing powder the flowers onto Ruby Red. Then I took a cup of bleach and "painted" it on to the flowers. I think my bleach must have been old because some of the flowers look bleached out and some don't. I can't take credit for the design. I found it on another demo's blog site. I can't remember the name. I like how it came out.

Stamp Set: Embrace Life, Holidays & Wishes
Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Ruby Red, Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon

Technique #2 - Dyed Background

I found this technique on a email group I belong to mostly for demos - SUDSOL. This was a technique I haven't seen any of. When I was on the SUDSOL website, this was the first time I saw it. It's very easy to do. You take 2-3 reinkers and drop 1-2 drops on to a plate and then spritz with alcohol. You then brayer over it and on to a piece of glossy paper. I thought it looked pretty neat. I used the same colors as the bleached images one but just changed a color.

Stamp Set: Doodle This, Wonderful Words
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, Glossy White
Ink: Black Stazon, Groovy Guava and River Rock reinkers
Accessories: Rubber Brayer, 1/16" Hole Punch, Silver Brads

Technique #3 - Masking

This is a technique that has been around for while...at least as long as I can remember. It's very simple and fun to do. When I first saw this, I was wondering how they did it.

Stamp Set: Friendship Blooms (SAB)
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Mellow Moss, So Saffron and Regal Rose watercolor crayons
Accessories: Aquapainters, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Crafters Tool Kit

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: