Tuesday, March 4, 2008

February Swap

As you may or may not know, I love swaps!! Besides creating things for classes, this is another way for me to create.

I joined a 9-month swap and for February we had to make use of any of the Accents & Elements kits, the On Board Accents, the Pretties Kit or the Build-A-Brad kit. Needless to say, I don't have 3 of the 4 items. I had the On Board Accents. The hard part of this is the swap requires us to make 7 card fronts (8 if I make one for myself). In most of the items, there are only 3 - 6 of the same thing so I had a very hard challenge in front of me.

I didn't know what I was going to do because if you know me, I wait until the last minute to do anything. With that said, I didn't have enough time to order more and get it here in order to complete a set. The only thing I had item I had enough of was the bracket things. (I'm not sure what they are called.) I didn't know how I was going to use it and ended up finding a sample in the Fall-Winter Catalog. I used it to highlight a word. WOW!!

This was a tough task. I wish I could say I won't ever wait until the last minute but I know myself to well to know that isn't going to happen. Anyway....

I stamped the chipboard piece with Chocolate craft so it wouldn't look to boring. It took the craft a little while to dry. This is what I came up with. Not too bad considering...This was the original design I came up with. I ended up changing the other card fronts by moving the chipboard piece to the other side and didn't add a rhinestone brad.

Thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow. Who knows what I will have posted?!?!

Stamp Sets: Friendship Blooms (SAB), Celebrate Everything
Cardstock: Blue Bayou, Sky Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Blue Bayou, Sky Blue, Chocolate Chip Craft
Accessories: Dimensionals, On Board Chipboard Accents

No comments: