Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Technique Tuesday

Happy Tuesday to you all!

Just when I think life is going to slow down...it never does. I had hope that after Christmas, I would have more time to stamp and create but that hasn't happened yet. I can't even keep my blog updated! Enough of the whining...time to share.

Here are the techniques we did for our class on Friday.

Technique #1 - Wax Paper Resist

Stamp Set: Bud Basics, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Sky Blue, Blue Bayou, Whisper White, Glossy White
Ink: Sky Blue, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Brayer, Sky Blue Double Stitched Ribbon, Double Hole Punch, sponges,and wax paper

This was a fun technique. What I did was first take the glossy piece and brayer Sky Blue on it. I then crumbled the wax paper and put it on top of the glossy paper. Make sure that the wax paper is larger than the glossy. Then put a piece of scrap paper of top of that and then iron over it for just a few seconds. I then took the glossy paper and brayer Blue Bayou on it. I then wiped it off with a paper towel. I really like how this turned out.

Technique #2 - Glitter Window

Stamp Set: Simply Said
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Dazzling Diamonds, packing tape

I took the Certainly Celery piece, centered the scallop punch, and punched for my window. I then took a strip of clear packing tape and applied over the hole. Then I flipped it over and applied Dazzling Diamonds to the sticky part. This will be the front of the card because you don't want the packing tape to show. I then took a small piece of white and stamped my image in the middle and centered the image behind the window. If you like glitter...you'll like this!

Technique #3 - Faux Tearing

Stamp Set: Lovely As A Tree, Much Appreciated, Weathered
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 1/16 Hole Punch, Vintage Brads, Daubers, Close to Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon

First, take a scrap piece of paper and tear it down the middle. Place your torn paper halfway on your card front. On this one, I inked up my background stamp with Close to Cocoa, and stamped the front. Move your scrap paper over just a little bit and then using the dauber, color in the blank strip.

I hope all these make sense to you. I thought I would send you the directions so you can try these out for yourself. If you ever try one of the techniques, send it to me (kfrank03@yahoo.com). I would love to see your creations. It may even show up here!!

No comments: