Monday, February 11, 2008

Techniques

We had fun at our last techniques class Friday night. I am enjoying do these classes so much because it makes me think outside of my comfort zone. The techniques we did Friday night are not ones I have ever done. Enjoy!!

Technique #1 - Dry Embossing

This design is almost a copy of the one in the catalog. I changed up a few things. I couldn't figure out how to emboss on the darker cardstock so I just went with white. I've now figured out how to do it and will have to revamp this card some. I hope that you are able to see the embossing.

Stamp Set: Seeing Spots
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Seeing Spots Brass Template, Mellow Moss 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/16" Hole Punch, Silver Brads, stylus, light table

Technique #2 - Dazzling Diamond Dust

If you like the look of glitter but hate the mess then this is the technique for you. All you do is, stamp your image and then stamp versamark all over it. Then, using Iridescent Ice embossing powder, you heat emboss it and get this fabulous look. The picture doesn't show the sparkle as well.

Stamp Set: Simply Said
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Blush Blossom, Glossy White
Ink: Basic Brown, Sage Shadow, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom and Sage Shadow markers
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Versamark, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Chocolate Grosgrain, sponges

Technique #3 - Faux Silk

I've never seen this technique in real life so I didn't know what to expect. It's different. I also used colors from the bold bright. I don't use these colors much so I'm not sure I like the look of this card. The ladies seemed to like it though so that's all that matters.

Stamp Sets: Bud Basics, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Lovely Lilac, Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Black
Accessories: tissue paper, modge podge

I hope you enjoy them and if you have any questions about them, give me a holler!

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: