Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flight of the Butterfly

I'm part of a yahoo group named VC Rocks. What is VC Rocks? VC Rocks is a virtual celebration of the rubber stamp company Stampin' UP! Our annual celebration runs from mid-April through August. Its a CELEBRATION of Stampin' UP!'s new catalog release and annual convention for demos and customers, an expression of our ENTHUSIASM for Stampin' UP!'s new stamps and products, a SHARING of creative stamping and scrapping ideas through swaps, make and takes, challenges and classes, SUPPORT for our SU demos with swaps and ideas for their business and ENCOURAGEMENT of friendships based on our common interest in stamping and Stampin' UP!

Would you like to be a part of the group? You can go to the blog site and sign up but I must warn you that there are a lot of emails!!!

Anyway, one of the challenges was to create a card using bold brights, 3 layers and something with wings. This is what I came up with. Sorry for the bad picture...I took it with my phone. Details below...

I love these two colors together and I'm going to miss Pink Passion so much. Speaking of Pink Passion, this will be one of the colors retiring. I've heard through the grapevine that alot of the retired colors are being placed on back order. Stampin' Up! will fulfill those back orders through May but through June once supplies are gone, they are gone so you better get your favorites before they are gone! You can place an order by calling me or through my website.

Well, I hope you all enjoy the card share. Please come back this weekend because VC Rocks will be doing a blog hop and I'm on the hop schedule. Come check out some new and refreshing ideas using our outgoing colors.

Happy stamping!!

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Cardstock: Pink Passion, Green Galore, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Passion, Green Galore, Basic Black
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: