Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Technique Tuesday

Good afternoon stampers!

Sorry I have been MIA for the past few days. I wish I could say I've been doing some productive things like stamping but I haven't. Anyway...

Today's technique is one I haven't heard of or seen much of. It is faux stained glass. There is not much to this technique.

Stamp an outline image repeatedly on Whisper White cardstock using a waterproof ink such as Stazon, purposely overlapping the images. Color in the overlapping areas. A blender pen works well for this. Optional: Color in the background and /or the rest of the images in different colors.Variation: Use glossy cardstock and color with markers.

To see more samples of this technique, go to Splitcoast and you'll see some. You may even see a version of this card. I wish I could say I come up with these layouts on my own.

I'm working on a couple of classes for the next couple of months - my holiday stamp-a-stack in November and a calendar class in December (just in time for Christmas). Come back and check out the details later.

Happy stamping!!

Stamp Set: Merci
Cardstock: Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive
Accessories: Large and Small Oval Punch, Aquapainters

No comments: